Ask the Sac Ice Specialist
- Q: How often should I clean and sanitize my ice machine?
- A: It is recommended that a preventive maintenance be performed a minimum of every 6 months or sooner if water conditions are poor.
- Q: Is the cleaning & maintenance covered under the manufacturers warranty?
- A: No-manufacturers warranty covers defects in workmanship and repairs of defective parts only.
- Q: Does my ice machine come with a water filter & if not, do I need one?
- A: Your ice machine does not come with a water filter unless you bought one as an option. Every ice machine should have a water filter to protect the ice machine from scale and mineral build-up and provide pure clean ice.
- Q: What size of water filter does my ice machine need?
- A: The size of the water filter will depend on the size of your ice machine. Sac Ice can help you determine the proper water filter size.
- Q: How often does a water filter need to be replaced?
- A: The manufacture recommends that you replace the water filter every six months.
- Q: What does the manufacturers warranty cover on my ice machine?
- A: The manufacture warrants to the original owner that the ice machine will be free from all defects in material and workmanship and will perform adequately under normal use if properly in-stalled and maintained as outlined in the warranty statement furnished with your new ice machine.
- Q: How do I know if my ice machine is still under warranty?
- A: Sac Ice can tell you what is under warranty with the model number and serial number of your ice machine.
- Q: How do I determine the type of ice machine I need, i.e. self contained, air or water cooled, or remote?
- A: Our staff will help you determine what your best options are for the location of your ice machine. We can do a site survey for you at no charge.
- Q: Can I install my new ice machine?
- A: You can but we have found that customers who install their own ice machines have more issues and blame the ice machine for not working properly due to a lack of understanding about the start-up and operation. Once an ice machine has been installed, it needs to have a proper start-up and adjustment to insure that it’s working properly as designed. The adjustments are not covered under warranty.
- Q: Why should I rent an ice machine from Sac Ice?
- A: To have an ice machine that is maintained and sanitized on a regular schedule. To know you will never need to pay for repairs or maintenance again. As your ice needs change, you can easily adjust to a machine that better fits your needs. As a rental customer enjoy a trouble free experience and to know you will always have the amount of ice you need.